Friday, July 15, 2011

Leisurely drivers

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the world's safest driver.  I sometimes drive a bit too aggressively. But there's no need to drive 15mph under the speed limit without any good reason (such as construction, a sorority group of bicyclers, etc.).

Usually when I go to work in the morning, I take a main road with two lanes of traffic going each way where most of that stretch has a 50mph speed limit. It seems as if almost every day, I encounter drivers who apparently think the speed limit is between 35-40mph.  It's not a particularly winding road. Most of that route is straight. The speed limit signs are clearly posted. I don't know why drivers feel the need to drive that much under the speed limit, but irritates the dookie outta me.

No comments:

Post a Comment