Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I hate my body.

My cousin's wedding is coming up in two weeks.  I'm fairly certain I have some big boy dress clothes somewhere in my closet.  I'm also fairly certain I'm a bigger boy now than I was when those clothes fit me.

I need to shop for new clothes for this wedding and it's part of the reason I hate weddings.  Not only do I get to witness yet another couple happily marrying, reminding me that my marriage failed and I haven't had a relationship that lasted more than a few months since then, but it's also a reminder that I have a belly that sticks out over my belt line when I tuck my shirt in.

You'd think this would be some kind of motivation for me to lose weight.  You'd think that.  But I've been this way for nearly all my life.  I've only been "trim" for a few months in 2003 when I was on the Atkins diet after 9 months and lost over 60 lbs.  I'm addicted to food.  All kinds. And I'm lazy.  It's a bad combination and it's unattractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment