Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Inconsiderate, lazy tenants

Yesterday and today I've already seen a few Christmas trees left near the trash chutes (on the third floor) at my apartment complex. How hard is it to take your tree down to the first floor and drop it off near the dumpster inside the parking structure?!  It's bad enough that the employees of the apartment complex break down boxes nearly every day because people are so lazy to do it themselves and therefore just drop boxes next to the recycle chute. 

It's ridiculous! Have some consideration and cart the tree down the stairs or even the elevator.  It's not really an extra step for the cleaning crew to sweep up the pine needles you'll inevitably leave behind. They have to clean those corridors anyway. But for them to go out of their way to haul someone else's Christmas tree is unnecessary. It's like I'm living either in a dorm where all the college kids don't give a crap about anything and haven't learned to wipe their own asses, or I'm living in a pseudo upper-class high-rise where the tenants think they only have to put forth minimal effort for menial tasks. "Jeeves! I don't want to touch the tree; I only wanted to look at it. I'm finished now. Dispose of this tree for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment