Friday, December 9, 2011

Destination: Procrastination

For over a year, I've had an increasing desire to give a lot of things up.  Things.  Possessions. Stuff.  Clutter. Having things lying around disorganized around my place presents subconscious distractions. I feel unsettled when things aren't in order, like I have a list of things I still need to get done, an calmness to restore. But I haven't really done much about it.

When I watch movies, I get kind of choked up when the story has a character who gives all their free time and efforts into building up another person or saving their life.  It affects me for some reason.  I'd like to think there's still a lot of good in this world and that somehow I can be a part of it.  I've thought about volunteering at a food/homeless shelter, especially around the holidays.  But I haven't really done much about it.

I used to go to the bookstore and browse traveling books with a focus on making a difference in the world.  Books that outlined traveling around the globe for volunteering purposes.  I thought about starting a Smartypig goal for something like that.  But I haven't really done much about it.

I went to a community college a few years ago to inquire about a sign language translator certification course, even so far as to obtain my transcripts from previous colleges I attended. I've even gone to the LA Recording School to see how interesting it would be to work in audio engineering/production. I have the desire to go back to school. But I haven't really done much else about it.

I've bought a guitar twice in my life with the intention of learning how to play an instrument. I sold my first guitar and my second guitar is collecting dust in a storage closet. And I often think about buying a piano because I feel it'd be easier to start learning with that instead of a guitar. But I haven't really done much about it.

I complain so often about being single, wishing for someone to be with again, and have often thought about setting up an online dating profile at the very least just to meet new people and possibly gain friends. But I haven't really done much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment