Friday, April 1, 2011

Subway’s marketing hogwash

I know Subway is in the "fast food" category as is McDonalds, but Subway's campaign to eat their "less than 6 grams of fat" sandwiches versus having a Big Mac is ridiculous.  When Subway asks the question why I'd want to eat a Big Mac when I could have a fresh Subway sandwich, my answer is, "Because I want a BURGER!  Not a sandwich."  WTF, Subway?  Really?  If I'm craving an In N' Out milkshake, I'm not going to a Jamba Juice. 

Besides, Subway.  Your sandwiches are shit.  You are the McDonalds of sub shops.  Maybe that's why you don't compare yourself to any other sub shop like Quiznos, Togos or Jersey Mike's.  Your meats are not good quality, they're bland; and there's nothing special about your toppings.  I can make a sandwich better at home.  You survive only because of convenience.  Can I make a Big Mac at home?  Sure.  I could try.  Probably wouldn't taste as good as McDonald's.  But I KNOW I can make a better sandwich than you guys.  When I want a cheap and quick sandwich, I might go to one of your million hole-in-the-wall shops if a Quiznos or Jersey Mike's isn't close enough. And your steak and egg breakfast sandwich is not so bad.  Otherwise, don't sell your bulljive at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment