Monday, April 18, 2011

Awake. Restless. Bored. Lonely.

I’ve been in my apartment now for a full week. Still unpacking due to not having the discipline to say no when I’m invited out.  Interestingly enough, it’s the end of the weekend and I wasn’t invited anywhere yesterday or today (except to go watch A Game of Thrones at a friend’s house tonight).  So I unpacked quite a bit this weekend and it seems like nothing much has been accomplished.

I think I’ve had too much caffeine today. It’s midnight and I’m not really tired. It’s one of those nights I want to take a drive along the coast with one of my best friends. Unfortunately, that friend lives in Seattle.

Anyway, I wanted to put up some kind of post. I don’t have any more from MySpace to repost so here’s one from Facebook.  It was one of those things where somebody writes a number of random things about themselves and if they “tagged” you in their post, you were supposed to do the same thing.  Kinda stupid actually, but I was a sucker for those on MySpace.

This one was posted January 29, 2009, over two years ago now.  That time has flown. In some ways I’ve changed so much for the better; in other ways I still have a lot of work to do.


25 personal tidbits you shouldn't know about me.

  1. I can't believe I'm doing one of these lists. I thought MySpace was for that.
  2. I recently had braces (removed last year). It was the second time I've had them. My teeth are much straighter now, but I'm still not 100% satisfied.
  3. I was married for seven and a half years.
  4. My ex-wife is one of my best friends.
  5. I'm trustworthy when it comes to others, but far too unguarded about my own self.
  6. Both of my parents became deaf when they were infants.
  7. ASL (American Sign Language) is my first language. English is my second.
  8. I'm color blind (not the black & white kind).
  9. I have an absurdly large collection of mp3s (over 250GB and counting).
  10. I tend to overuse parentheses.
  11. I like using Google applications: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Notebook, Google Maps, Google Docs. I plan on using Picasa once I finally get in the habit of taking pictures.
  12. I hate about 99% of the pictures taken of me.
  13. I have a dangerously negative self-image, but I'm working very hard to change that now. It's quite draining at times.
  14. I usually have a great sense of humor. Even if you don't get it.
  15. Despite the fact I own about five orange shirts (and yes I can tell they're orange), it's not my favorite color.
  16. Though I don't smoke it, I think pot should be legalized and regulated.
  17. I've maxed out my queue on Netflix at 500 movies and have more than 200 more listed in my Google Notebook.
  18. I lack the discipline to go to bed at a decent hour and get a good night's rest, averaging about 4 hours of sleep a weeknight.
  19. I've made a half-assed attempt to take my own life three times in my life; once in the past six months. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
  20. I'm working very hard to stay alive and optimistic now. It's quite exhilarating at times.
  21. I had a solo part in my church youth choir and it was probably the most dreadful thing you ever would've heard.
  22. I was dragged by a car around 50 feet or so when I was about 5 or 6 years old, leaving my right shin nearly completely lacerated.
  23. If it wouldn't make a difference to my weight, I would eat breakfast burritos from anywhere for breakfast, eat at Red Robin or any Chinese food place for lunch, and eat at Outback or any Italian restaurant for dinner. Every day. I'm also always down for chips n' salsa.
  24. Though I love the beach and everything about it and could spend hours walking up and down the shore, and even though I live not more than 15 minutes away from it, I rarely go.
  25. Is there anything in this world better than peanut butter? I mean, really. It's so friggin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment