Thursday, January 5, 2012

Compliments’ end is nigh!

Not sure if this a rave or a rant. Maybe both.

I'm very flattered that people have been complimenting my weight loss (44 lbs in 3 months is pretty noticeable).  It makes me feel good, like I'm really accomplishing something.  I'm not only noticing the changes myself but finally really accepting them—that I'm getting stronger, I have better endurance, and so on.  (Changes in my upper torso are definitely noticeable, while my belly still needs to burn a lot of fat.)

But what happens when I'm finally down to a weight with which I'm happy?  No more compliments. I'll just be an average guy. No more compliments; no more encouragement. Just whatever. I'm hoping that I'll have some magical boost in confidence, but I've never really had a high self-esteem. Then again, I've always been fat except 9 years ago for just a few short months.

So once more this is why I need to focus on myself, not to rely on others for my happiness or self-image. All part of my unofficial New Year's resolution of moving on, moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment